On-line Application Procedures
For 2017, students are encouraged to send the information below by email as a PDF. Then students will be invited to submit an online application for admission form with $105 application fee for domestic applicants and $125 application fee for international applicants paid with a major credit card. For detailed application instructions and to apply online, prospective students should review the information provided by the Graduate Division.
Note: Under Department and Major, select Department: Scripps Institution of Oceanography and then Major: Climate Science and Policy.
- Statement of Purpose (Essay limit is 1500 words)
- Original Letters of Recommendations (3) - Letters may be sent directly by recommender to academic department at address that follows or through the on-line graduate application process.
- Applicants should upload either official or unofficial transcripts as pdf documents onto their online application. Should an applicant be accepted into the program, official transcripts must be received at the address that follows in order for admission to the program to be completed by the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Current resume or C.V. (through on-line app process and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (for international applicants): The university-wide minimum TOEFL score required for consideration for graduate admission is 550 for the paper and pencil-administered test (PBT), and 80 for the Internet-based test (iBT).
- GRE/GMAT results are not required for the MAS degree. If you have scores that are very good and will strengthen your application, then you may submit them.
Supplemental documents should be sent to:
Mailing Address via US Postal Service: MAS Climate Science and Policy Program, 9500 Gilman Drive, #0208 La Jolla, CA 92093-0208
Mailing Address via Express Mail:
Attention: MAS Climate Science and Policy Program
UCSD - Scripps Department 8630 Kennel Way, Old Scripps Bldg. #25
La Jolla, CA 92037