In September, the cities of Chula Vista, Encinitas, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, and San Diego officially launched San Diego Community Power (SDCP). Charged with ensuring 100% renewable energy commitments are met by 2035, SDCP will be responsible for procuring renewable energy on behalf of its customers. With clear direction that environmental benefits should be significant, rates should be lower, community benefits should be increased, and the impact on the local economy should be beneficial to all, SDCP is now charting a course that meets the clean energy goals of environmental and community groups, elected officials, and businesses.
Join us to hear about these five cities’ path to community choice energy, get an update on SDCP, and explore how the renewable energy industry is poised to make the goals of SDCP a reality.
- Jason Anderson, President and CEO, Cleantech San Diego
- Greg Brehm, Director, Origination/Power Marketing, LS Power
- Heather Haj, Manager, CCA Account Services, Calpine Energy Solutions
- Cody Hooven, Chief Sustainability Officer, City of San Diego and Interim Executive Officer, SDCP
- Joe Mosca, Councilmember, City of Encinitas and Chair, SDCP
- Patrick Brown, Vice President of Development, BayWa r.e.
- Bryan Towe, Director, Strategic Growth, EDF Renewables
- Free: Cleantech San Diego Members (Scripps community are Cleantech members)
- $75 Non-Members