The NCI continues to develop new funding opportunities that adapt to changes in the way that science is conducted. Supporting the best scientists is paramount. The Federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs are a critical source of non-dilutive financing for early stage companies, providing over $170M in fiscal year 2019 to develop next generation technologies.
Presenting at this event will be Ming Zhao, PhD | Program Director, SBIR Development Center, National Cancer Institute.
Dr. Zhao will cover:
– Overview of SBIR/STTR eligibility requirements
– NIH SBIR/STTR process and new cancer-focused grant funding opportunities from NCI
– NCI SBIR/STTR initiatives such as NIH Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) Team Training Program, Applicant Assistant Program, etc.
– NCI Investor Initiative to help NCI SBIR-funded companies to connect with investors, venture capitalists, strategic partners, and business leaders from the biotech and pharmaceutical industries
– Practical strategies on how to successfully submit competitive research proposals
Following the presentations selected companies will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with Dr. Zhao.