- Attendees arrive and grab lunch – 10 min.
- Introductions & Opening Remarks – 10 min.
- Overview of Oracle in Research – 10 min.
Brief background of Oracle deep history across the worldwide research community, priority focus areas in research computing and a few pertinent research client stories.
- Oracle’s Key Research Computing Services & Differentiators – 15 min.
Summarize specific compute, storage, network and specialized services like IoT & Big Data – where Oracle has clear benefits over competitive offerings. Also review new Internet2 offerings, including enhanced cloud provisioning management & monitoring capabilities that simplify IT lives.
- Most Common Client Uses of our IaaS/PaaS/Big Data Services – 10 min.
Review HPC “augmentation” uses, multi-organization collaborative environments, big data applications being used
- New Internet2 Services Provisioning Portal – 5 min.
Quick view of new I2 portal rapid provisioning & program highlights
- Scripps Overview of Key Compute & Data Challenges/Opportunities – 10 min.
Scripps attendees can review areas where they have the biggest current challenges & where/if they currently use cloud computing for elasticity
- Open Discussion – 10-15 min.
- Next Steps Desired? – 10 min.