09/07/2013 (All day) to 09/20/2013 (All day)
The SIO Scientific Diving Course, or it's equivalent, is a minimum 100 hour course required of anyone wishing to use SCUBA for their scientific research or employment under the auspices of Scripps and UC San Diego.
The course curriculum includes:
- Physics and Physiology of diving,
- Decompression Theory and Dive Planning
- Equipment and Environmental Considerations
- Hazardous Marine Life,
- Scripps Scientific Diving Program and Policy
- Diving Emergency First Aid (CPR, first aid, oxygen administration, and field neurological examination) training
- Dive Rescue
- Written Scripps Scientific Diver examination
- 12+ supervised open water dives
For more information on this event, contact:
Pool Sessions will be held at the Natatorium or at the Coggin Aquatic Center. Lectures in Vaughan Hall 100 and the Dive Locker, and dives are conducted at a variety of locations.