This symposium will hope to join over 50 biologists, nutritionists, veterinarians and vendors at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography’s Seaside Forum. Featured presentations and discussions on husbandry and research surrounding, acquisition, display, life support, water quality, nutrition, reproduction, health and future management issues. Some of our featured speakers include, Dr. Greg Rouse of Scripps, Dr. Kent Osborn of UC San Diego and Mr. Pang Quong of PQ Aquatics, Australia.
Birch Aquarium at Scripps will be hosting the event at Scripps Seaside Forum.
Congratulations to Dallas World Aquarium for a successful and informative symposium in 2008.
included in fees are continental breakfasts, snacks, drinks and boxed lunches for June 7 and 8 as well as an Icebreaker the evening of June 7
Call for Sponsors
We are pleased to announce that the Second International Seadragon Husbandry Symposium will be held at Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, California. This symposium hopes to join over 50 biologists, nutritionists, veterinarians and vendors at Scripps Institution of Oceanography’s Seaside Forum. Featured presentations and discussions on husbandry and research surrounding, acquisition, display, life support, water quality, nutrition, reproduction, health and future management issues. This is a valuable symposium to network and information exchange among top Seadragon experts in research, health and husbandry. We will offer opportunities for sponsors to share and showcase through tiered giving as well as Events sponsorships. Proceeds will directly support the husbandry, research and conservation of seadragons at Birch Aquarium at Scripps
• Ruby Seadragon level - $20,000 + o Title sponsorship for symposium o Welcome and Introduction of Vice Chancellor of Marine Sciences o Ribbon Pipehorse, Weedy and Leafy Seadragon levels recognition
• Leafy Seadragon level - $5000 + o Sponsorship recognition for one of the special evening events o Ribbon Pipehorse and Weedy Seadragon levels recognition
• Weedy Seadragon level - $2500 + o Recognition on the symposium t-shirt o Five minute speaking opportunity during presentation session o Ribbon Pipehorse level recognition
• Ribbon Pipehorse level - $1000 + o Recognition on sponsor board displayed during the conference o Recognition in the event program and RAW website o
• Additional Events and In-Kind Sponsorship Opportunities Available: Contact Birch Aquarium at Scripps for Pricing/Availability
o Hospitality suite
o Pre or Post Symposium trips June 6 and June 9
For information on how you can give, please contact Jenn Nero Moffatt at email@example.com or 858-246-1792
La Jolla Shores Hotel
8110 Camino del Oro La Jolla, CA 92037
- Attendees make your reservations directly by March 18, 2016, with the Hotel Reservations Department at 800-237-5211.
- Please refer to the Seadragon Symposium when making the reservations via phone
- When making reservations online, reference Seadragon to apply discount
- $189.00 Garden View Hotel Room per night (Limited Availability)
- Rates are secured from 06/06/2016-06/08/2016
- Date prior to or after these dates may be at the discounted rate based on availability. Please contact Kristina Cacha, Group Housing Coordinator, directly at La Jolla Shores Hotel at 858 964-1967 or e-mail at KCacha@ljbtc.com when making reservations.
$18.00 Parking Fee per vehicle per night
- La Jolla Shores Hotel shuttle service available within 5 miles
San Diego International Airport (SAN) is located 10 miles from campus and La Jolla Shores Hotel.
Super shuttle shared ride: $19/person
Taxi cab: $45-$55
- San Diego Taxi Service http://sandiegotaxicompany.com, or
- Call 619 566-6666.
UBER users: $20-$78
La Jolla Shores Hotel shuttle service is available within 5 miles, from 7am to 10pm. (7 person van)
Call for Presentations
Birch Aquarium at Scripps invites you to share your insights and experiences at the seadragon symposium to be held in La Jolla, California. Syngnathid presentations and discussions relative to seadragon husbandry, conservation and research are welcome. Areas of opportunity include: acquisition, display, life support, water quality, nutrition, reproduction, health and future management issues.
Submission details needed:
Preferred Presentation format: Oral or Poster
First Line: Title
Second Line: Author(s)
Third Line: Author affiliation(s)
Fourth Line: Body of Abstract (not to exceed 200 words)
- Presentations should be kept to 15 minutes to allow for question and answer
- Microsoft PowerPoint and/or Prezi presentations are preferred. If you require additional media, please specify at the time of submission.
- Poster presentations will be accepted.
Along with an abstract, please submit the estimate on poster size (LXWXH).
Abstracts, in Microsoft Word format, are required by April 15, 2016:
Jenn Nero Moffatt
Director of Husbandry
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
9500 Gilman Drive, MC# 0207
La Jolla, CA 92093
All submission authors will be notified as soon as possible. Please consider early submission of your work.