- Recommend going first to the "Getting Started" page, which is located under the "Resources" tab. There is one add-in that needs to be installed (Adobe Connect Add-In) and links are provided here for both Windows and Mac OSX.
- Good to run the "Test Your Computer" after installation of this add-in to verify that things are set up correctly.
- Return to your home page and select "Create New: Meeting".
- This will bring up the following screen.
Enter meeting information:
- Name for display
- Custom URL: leaving this blank will generate a unique identifier (perhaps good if you want to make this public but don't want the link easy to guess)
- Start Time: We set this to the start time of the lecture. I believe this controls when the interactive presentation is available and it's not clear whether this is critical.
- Duration: Set to the length of the lecture
- Access: Set to "Anyone who has the URL"
On to next screen.
Select Participants screen. If you just want to record the lecture you can skip this screen and the following one (Send Invitations) and just click "Finish".
You'll now be returned to the Meeting Information screen. Press "Enter Meeting Room"
The meeting screen is shown below. You need to set up a few things before starting.
- Under "Share My Screen" select "Share Document". Select the appropriate PDF of your presentation. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the presentation is loaded. Set the size so that it fills the left hand screen by clicking on the + button that will appear in the bottom left.
- In the menu bar, turn on your microphone by selecting "Connect my microphone"
Now you're ready to go. Select "Record Meeting" from the menu to start.
Once started you can switch to full screen mode. Then use the arrow keys at bottom left to advance the slides.
When you're done, switch out of full screen mode and select "Stop Recording" from the menu. You can now close the meeting window.
You'll return to a screen with meeting information. The link on this page is for the meeting, rather than the recording.
Select the "Recordings" tab
Click the checkbox next to the name and then select "Access Type". Change the access from private to public. You can set an optional passcode if you like at this stage.
If you click on the name ("test_0") this will show the url for the recording. If you send this to users, they will be taken directly to the recording. No additional software is needed for the users.