Scripps Web Operations offers a variety of online mechanisms to help faculty, staff, and students communicate, collaborate, and share their knowledge or research.
The directory is the starting place to find anyone at Scripps, providing email addresses, telephone numbers, office locations, and affiliations. Your title and contact information is pulled from from the UC San Diego campus directory, so any corrections or updates need to be made there. To request changes:
- Go to the UC San Diego People Search and search for yourself.
- From the Results Detail screen (displays only your information), click “Request Changes to the directory information above”
- Login with your Single Sign-On “Business Systems” login. (Note: This is different from your email login. To register for Business Systems, follow the instructions available on Blink.
If you teach, study, or work at Scripps Oceanography, you will likely also have a profile page on the website. By default, these directory profiles only include the same contact information as your directory listing, but you can request additions and updates to your Scripps profile by submitting a photo, research interests, degree information, a brief bio, and link to an external website. Research Topics associations are handled by business offices.
Scripps Research Profiles are administered by Scripps Institution of Oceanography and powered by OpenScholar software.
- We mainly find out about publications from a weekly alert from Web of Science -- which may take weeks to months to index a paper, depending on the journal.
- To speed the process, you may also let us know about a new paper by emailing the DOI and other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scripps Web Operations provides basic WordPress sites at no charge to Principal Investigators or staff members managing: lab, project or expedition sites for use in scripps.ucsd.edu web space. These sites can range from a few simple pages to blogs to more elaborate structures.
Scripps IT provides 10gb disk space for individual legacy static html sites on the scrippshtml.ucsd.edu server.
Submit a request for a static HTML site to email@example.com and provide the following:
- Site administrator name(s) with corresponding UC San Diego email account(s)
- Existing domain (if available)
- .zip file of your site
Scripps Web Operations
Drupal and WordPress basic content editing training is available for groups in the Eckart IT Conference Room. To schedule training please submit a Help request.
UC San Diego