oyster biosensor test deployment!

On 02 April 2019 we deployed our first prototype oyster biosensors which will measure shell gape at the same time as we are measuring the hydrodynamic and oxygen conditions. The deployment itself required some last minute MacGyvering, but we got it done! The estuary mouth started to close on 12 August 2019 in response to large waves the prior night, and is currently completely closed and filling in with fresher water from upstream. We returned yesterday, 16 April 2019 to swap out the biosensor battery and SD card to capture data over the closure. A first quick look at the first week of data looks good!