Items considered during the admissions review:
- Compelling Statement of Purpose (Essay limit is 1500 words). Applicants should describe individual strengths and interests, their rationale for applying to the MAS program at Scripps as opposed to other programs. Applicants should also explain how the program will further their career goals in terms of their field of interest, desired occupation, and future plans.
- Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or the equivalent, with training comparable in standard and content to that provided by the University of California. Applicants must upload either official or unofficial transcripts as pdf documents to their online application. (Note: Should an applicant be accepted into the program, official transcripts must be received at the address that follows in order for admission to the program to be completed by the Office of Graduate Studies).
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate/post-
baccalaureate record (a minimum GPA of 3.0 expected)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae. Work experience in climate science, environmental policy, or a related field is recommended.
- Strength of the letters of recommendation (3) Letters must be uploaded to the on-line graduate application by the recommender.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (for international applicants):The university-wide minimum TOEFL score required for consideration for graduate admission is 550 for the paper and pencil administered test (PBT), and 80 for the internet based test (iBT).
- Completion of online application for graduate admission
Graduate Application for Admission to UCSD
Call for Applications
The Summer 2018 application will go online September 1, 2017.
The early consideration deadline to apply is December 11, 2017.
The standard deadline is January 25, 2018.
The academic year starts in late July 2018 and ends mid-June 2019.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
For More Information
Please join us for one of our upcoming information sessions via Skype
RSVP 3 days ahead of the session with your name and Skype ID. Please direct RSVPs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-line Application Procedures
Students must submit an online application for admission form with application fee paid with a major credit card. For detailed application instructions and to apply online, prospective students should review the information on the Graduate Division website.
Note: Under Departments and Programs, select Department: Scripps Institution of Oceanography, then Major: Climate Science and Policy, Degree: MAS, Term: Summer 2018