MAS MBC students presented their Capstone research projects in a Symposium on June 4, 2015.
Graduating MAS MBC students presented their Capstone Independent Research Projects on June 4, 2015, featured at https://scripps.ucsd.edu/news/mas-students-shine-year-end-symposium
- List of presentations (PDF)
The Master of Advanced Studies Degree in Marine Biodiversity and Conservation is a unique program of study that equips professionals with the knowledge they need to improve conservation of marine biodiversity in the world's most diverse and threatened eco-regions. It is focused on development of local capacity and science-based management tools.
The program is designed to teach current and future professionals about marine ecosystems from the scientific, economic, and policy perspectives, as well as provide important cultural and communications skills. Students have the benefit of enjoying interdisciplinary studies by taking course offerings at Scripps Institution of Oceanography and from a variety of top-ranked departments at UC San Diego, including the Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies, the Department of Economics, as well as Communications, Visual Arts, and other departments.
- Innovative and relevant program format and curriculum provide an interdisciplinary approach to marine biodiversity and conservation.
- Courses taught by the faculty of Scripps, the Center for Marine Biodiversity and Conservation at Scripps, UC San Diego Department of Economics, and the Graduate School of International Relations Pacific Studies.
- A 12-month intensive master's program for professionals interested in marine conservation careers.
- Opportunity to network with world-renowned marine conservation professionals, faculty, and government scientists from UC San Diego and NOAA with diverse areas of expertise, and NGOs with actual projects located throughout the world.
The application for the MAS MBC program starting June 2015 is now closed. The application will reopen in September 2015 for the program starting June 2016, with a 2016 application deadline