Deadlines: Candidate application materials including a current CV, summary of doctoral dissertation, and statement of research are due by November 1, 2016. Mentor and external referee letters are due by November 15, 2016.
To be eligible for this award you must have received your PhD no earlier than January 1, 2014. Current and former Scripps or UC San Diego Graduate Student and Postgraduate Researchers are ineligible for these awards. All candidates are expected to have an excellent command of the English language.
Applications may be submitted on line here.
Applicants are required to specify at least one Scripps mentor (and no more than three mentors) on the application form. Prior to submitting your application, we encourage you to contact members of the Scripps research staff, working in your area of interest. In order for your application to receive full consideration, the potential mentor(s) must submit a letter of support on your behalf. Mentors can submit letters directly to https://sioapps.ucsd.edu/sec/apply/frm_support.php.
The following items must be uploaded to the application:
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume that includes educational background and work experience
- A one-page summary (abstract) of your doctoral dissertation
- A concise statement describing your research interests (three page maximum), in particular, those interests you would like to pursue at Scripps as well as more general career plans and how a postdoctoral position at Scripps would complement your existing experience.
The following is also required:
- A choice of 1-3 potential mentors (designated on application form)
- A letter of support from each potential Scripps mentor, stating his/her willingness to oversee your postdoctoral education.
- Contact information for two external referees, including email addresses.
You are responsible for ensuring that referees are willing to provide a letter. External letters of recommendation will be solicited electronically and must be submitted by the referee to the secure link provided.
Letters are a key factor in the decision process and should document:
- Under what circumstances the referee has known you.
- Your previous accomplishments and potential for conducting innovative research in your chosen field.
- An overall evaluation of your past performance relative to other students at a comparable stage in their careers.
We recommend that application materials be prepared in advance and readily available when you begin the application process as the page will time out in 45 minutes. Once you have submitted your on-line application, you may log in here to submit any changes in to your application materials.
Inquiries can be sent to Leslie Costi at email@example.com.
UCSD is an equal opportunity employer, with a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity.