Flint is the southernmost island of the Southern Line Islands. It has an area of one square mile with several brackish lagoons. The island was developed for guano working and copra plantations in the late 1800’s. Most of the native flora has been replaced. It became part of Kiribati in 1979. Photo credit: Image Science and Analysis Laboratory, NASA-Johnson Space Center (Digital File Number: ISS014-E-5382)