Inner Shelf DRI Monthly Meeting 2017-07-12
attendees: Chris Chickadel, Joe Calantoni, Nirni Kumar, David Honegger, Kevin Haas, Roland Romeiser, André Palóczy, Tom Cook, Falk Feddersen, Matt Spydell, Jim Lerczak, Reg Beach
- Satellite updates
- Funding notes from Reggie
- VTC frequency increase?
- 2015 pilot data online, request access via email to Roland
- GeoTiff format, not full quality, high quality data exists
- Sept/Oct overpass are now included in the online calendar (PSIEX), overpass times (local) are included for four different SVs
- 87 overpasses possible predicted, not all will be purchased, some are free
- need input on which ones to order in advance, early Aug – might be able to request as little as 1 week ahead (maybe)
- Sentinel 1 – acquired automatically (routine)
- New wave measurement technique using SAR “spotlight” data under investigation
- ScanSAR imagery ahead of the experiment for planning?
- Aircraft coordination w/ overpasses
- Talk with Reggie about any funding issues
- Permitting is in process with CA State, NOAA
- SAR questions – connect with Reggie
- Additional VTCs? ship ops / VTC at end of July?, biweekly VTC after?
- Earliest deployments end of Aug for Jamie and Falk, radars are in on Sept 1 or so
- Surface wind observation from VAFB are available for 2015 pilot (Jim Doyle contact)
- Surface winds will be collected by VAFB during main experiment