Scripps Institution of Oceanography operates its safety program in conjunction with UC San Diego's Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) division, which manages a coordinated safety program for the entire UC San Diego campus. Safety at Scripps is a responsibility shared by everyone: students, volunteers, faculty, and staff.
The Scripps Safety Office is committed to promoting awareness, providing effective consultation, and ensuring compliance to cultivate a safe working and research environment for all. Contact Allyson Long, Scripps Safety Coordinator, at (858) 534-8449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency, spill, or exposure?
- Immediately call 911 from either a campus telephone or mobile device, or dial (858) 534-HELP (4357)
- Notify your supervisor and Scripps Safety Coordinator Allyson Long
- Get medical treatment at UCSD COEM or UCSD ERs if needed
- Report the incident by completing an Incident Report Form
- Safety Escorts (CSO Program)
- Police Department Call Boxes
- Courtesy Phone Locations
- Report a Crime or Emergency
- Motorist Assistance Program (MAP)
- Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.)
- Safety Tips