Eleventh Annual Scripps Day
Friday, June 15, 2018
Grab your Hawaiian shirts and join your Scripps Institution of Oceanography friends to celebrate another great year at Scripps!
Our outstanding scientists, students, alumni, and staff are invited to hang (ten) with old friends and new ones to commemorate Scripps's achievements of the past year. Central to this event will be the announcement of graduating students, recognition of honors received by members of the Scripps community, open houses across campus, and an alumni keynote address.
This is an opportunity for all of Scripps to come together for a day of fun and camaraderie in our own beautiful backyard, and thank you for all you do to keep Scripps thriving.
ATTIRE: Scripps casual (Hawaiian shirts encouraged!)
COST: Scripps Day is an internal celebration of Scripps accomplishments. All events and refreshments are complimentary for current Scripps students, scientists, staff, alumni, Ancient Mariners, and families of graduating students. If you are interested in bringing a non-Scripps guest, please indicate so when you RSVP. We are requesting a $5 donation per guest (free for ages 3 and under) to help offset the price of food, drink, and activities. Donations will be collected at the registration table on the day of the event.
BE GREEN: In the spirit of Scripps's commitment to sustainability and the environment, we encourage you to bring a reusable cup for water and other beverages.
*Bring I.D. if you plan to drink alcoholic beverages.
QUESTIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-534-5604
- Free entry to Birch Aquarium at Scripps for registered Scripps Day participants
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- David R. Hilton Symposium (Scripps Seaside Forum)
11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Birch Aquarium Gift Shop 20% Sale (Robert Scripps Room)
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Open Houses
- Scripps Pier
- Old Director's House
- Old Scripps Building
- MAS MBC and MAS CSP Capstone Showcase (Ted Scripps Room)
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Beach Clean-Up (Scripps Seaside Forum Lawn)
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Open Houses
- Scripps Oceanographic Collections (Vaughan Hall Courtyard)
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Scripps Graduation Program
- Scripps graduation program and keynote talk by Scripps alumnus Jesse C. Traller '08, MS '16, PhD '17
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Celebration
- Oceanfront lawn party with food, beverages, games and live music (Scripps Seaside Forum)