Scripps Oceanography welcomes R/V Sally Ride!
After a decade of planning and four years of construction, R/V Sally Ride has finally arrived in San Diego. Read about our inaugural voyage southbound along the US west coast, our first science operations, and Science Verification Cruises. Read about it here.
From cold steel to living ship: Bringing R/V Sally Ride to life
Follow along as Scripps mariners, technicians, scientists and students work with colleagues from around the country to fully develop and learn the capabilities of R/V Sally Ride during our first year of operations: Check it out: https://scripps.ucsd.edu/expeditions/sallyride/
Scientists Wanted: R/V Sally Ride Science Verification Cruises
Scripps Institution of Oceanography invites scientists from the US oceanographic community to participate in Science Verification Cruises (SVCs) aboard the Ocean Class research vessel Sally Ride beginning in the fall of 2016. More information here
- Scripps Oceanography welcomes R/V Sally Ride (01 September, 2016)
- R/V Sally Ride: Major instrumentation installed (May 17, 2016)
- Navy, Scripps Christen R/V Sally Ride (August 14, 2014)
- Navy, UC San Diego to Christen Research Vessel Sally Ride (August 7, 2014)
- New Scripps Research Vessel to Honor Sally Ride (April 15, 2013)
- Navy Ceremony Dedicates New Research Ship to be Operated by Scripps (August 23, 2012)
- Scripps wins significant Navy funding to enhance AGOR 28 capabilities (May 29, 2012)
- Navy Selects Shipyard to Build Scripps' New State-of-the-art Research Vessel (Feb. 28, 2012)
R/V Sally Ride is operated by Scripps Institution of Oceanography under a charter agreement with the Office of Naval Research. Owned by the U.S. Navy, R/V Sally Ride is operated within the University-National Oceanographic Laboratory System (UNOLS) as a shared-use research facility.