Martin Johnson House
Make Yourself at Home in La Jolla’s Most Charming Oceanfront Venue
The Martin Johnson House is a historic oceanfront cottage nestled under lush cypress trees with breathtaking views of the Pacific coastline along La Jolla, Calif.
Built in 1916, the rustic cottage was one of the earliest additions to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography campus. Once used as a home for Scripps professors and their families, the refurbished cottage and grounds now offer a charming coastal setting ideal for social events ranging from business meetings to wedding receptions.
- Corporate Events
- Wedding Ceremonies
- Private Parties
- Small kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, counters, and microwave; partitioned off from main space
- Two ADA-equipped unisex bathrooms with outdoor entrances
- Sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, La Jolla Cove, and Scripps Pier
- Two large, multi-level teak decks with electrical outlets for music and lighting
- Small surrounding grassy areas with bench seating
- Shade from tall cypress trees
Rates and Capacities
|Venue||Area Sq. Ft.||Capacity||Rental Fee|
|Interior||-||30||40||20||50||$2,500 / day|
|Exterior - Upper and Lower Deck||-||-||130||-||-|
For More Information
We encourage you to tour the Martin Johnson House with a representative from Scripps Venue Rentals and explore the many options available to you.
Scripps Venue Rentals
Please note that the above contact information is for Scripps Institution of Oceanography Venue Rentals only. For general information about Scripps research, projects or people, please call 858-246-5511 or email email@example.com.
- Martin Johnson House Certificate of Insurance Requirements
- Martin Johnson House Brochure
- Martin Johnson House Approved Caterers
- Martin Johnson House Sample Contract