Below are the guidelines for renting a Scripps venue for an exclusive event.
- No rice, birdseed, rose petals, confetti, sand, sparklers, floating sky lanterns, fire pits, glitter, or tiki torches will be allowed on the premises. All decor must be approved in advance on walk through of the facility with the manager before the event.
- Lights or other decorations may not be attached to the palm trees, structure, or other landscaping.
- The delivery and pick up of all rental items must be done on the day of your event.
- If a rehearsal is necessary, it must be scheduled with your Event Manager and will be based around events that we have scheduled. All rehearsal participants are restricted to the wedding party only.
- Should you choose to hire any outside vendors for your event, i.e., musicians, entertainers, etc., a one-day certificate of insurance naming the Regents as additionally insured is mandatory as well. Certificates of insurance are not needed for the catering companies or equipment rental companies as those certificates of insurance are on file with the university.
- Trash cans must be ordered through your caterer and trash must be picked up at the end of your event.
- Bands may be set up inside the main auditorium or on the south side of the lobby only.
- Smoking is not allowed at the Scripps Seaside Forum, Martin Johnson House or in our parking lots.
- Cooking with oil (includes independent donut or churro vendors) may only be done in the driveway of the Scripps Seaside Forum and is not permitted inside the building or outside patios/lawn.
- Total event logistics must be approved by your Event Manager to ensure the proper arrangements are made.