- Are site visits available?
- Yes, site visits can be scheduled by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (858-534-5604). We will do our best to schedule a site visit that is convenient for you.
- Can you tell me about catering?
- The campus has an approved caterers list that you must choose from. Caterers on the list can provide a wide range of menus, at varying price levels to meet your budget. Please contact caterers prior to contracting so you have an idea how much an event may cost at our venue as outside caterers will not be allowed.
- How is the Scripps Seaside Forum "green"?
- The Scripps Seaside Forum was awarded LEED Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council in August 2009. Rating includes site sustainability, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, indoor environmental quality, and innovation and design process. View the Green Fact Sheet.
- Who designed the Scripps Seaside Forum?
- The Scripps Seaside Forum was designed by the San Diego architectural firm of Safdie Rabines Architects.
- Are weddings scheduled every day of the week?
- Effective April 2016, weddings will only be scheduled on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- What about alcohol?
- You may purchase your own alcohol, but the management and distribution of alcohol at your event is required to be performed by our on-site beverage provider, Giuseppe Fine Catering. See current bar menu for more information.
- What about music - either recorded or live?
- Due to the close proximity of the Scripps Seaside Forum to the local residential neighborhood, strict sound restrictions are in place. Although music (both live and recorded) is allowed, the music must be contained at an acceptable sound level so as not to disturb the local surrounding area. Music may be played outside of your venue, up to a decibel level of 75 until 8 p.m., but must be contained inside the building after 8 p.m. South doors to the main auditorium may not be propped open after 8 p.m. while music is being played. Your Special Events Manager will assist you in setting the proper sound level and verifying with a decibel meter. Sound levels indoors may also be played up to 75 decibels. Bands may be set up inside the main auditorium or on the south side of the lobby only. Any complaints from neighbors or other parties shall require these levels to be reduced further.
- How much time do I have for my event?
- All events are scheduled to end at 10 p.m. with one hour of cleanup until 11 p.m. One additional hour may be added for $750. Cleanup exceeding one hour will be billed at a rate of $500 per hour.
- Is smoking allowed onsite?
- UCSD, along with all the UC campuses, became a tobacco and smoke-free campus in January 2014. This means that smoking, use of smokeless tobacco products, the use of unregulated nicotine products and the use of electronic smoking devices is strictly prohibited on all University controlled properties. This includes the Scripps Seaside Forum, our surrounding streets and parking lots. Under state law, public colleges and universities can determine if they want to fine violators and, if so, the amount of the fine; not to exceed $100.
- Do I have to share the Scripps Seaside Forum with another party?
- It's possible that more than one event could be taking place while your event is in progress. Renting the entire complex will eliminate that possibility.
- How do I find out if the Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment (Scripps Seaside Forum) is available?
- You can view our online calendar or contact Scripps Venue Rentals. Our on-line calendar is up-to-date and dates marked busy have already been reserved.