Shipboard Technical Support (STS) provides specialized expertise, personnel, instrumentation and support services to scientists that use oceanographic research vessels.
STS is composed of groups that each provide a distinct set of services and expertise:
- Woody Sutherland
- Business Office
- Located at the Nimitz Marine Facility, provides internal business services.
- Computing Resources Group
- Manages and maintains STS computing resources.
- Oceanographic Data Facility
- Provides hydrographic measurements and support services.
- Shipboard Electronics Group
- Designs and develops instrumentation; Maintains and repairs electronic equipment.
- Marine Research Technician (ResTech) Group
- Oversees deck operations; Manages mechanical instrumentation
- Shipboard Geophysical Group
- Provides seismic services.
- STS Calibration Laboratory
- Provides temperature and pressure calibrations
- CLIVAR/WOCE Hydrographic Data Office