Safety at Scripps
Scripps Institution of Oceanography operates its safety program in conjunction with UC San Diego's Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) division, which manages a coordinated safety program for the entire UC San Diego campus. Safety at Scripps is a responsibility shared by everyone: students, volunteers, faculty, and staff.
The Scripps Safety Office is committed to promoting awareness, providing effective consultation, and ensuring compliance to cultivate a safe working and research environment for all.
Contact Allyson Long at (858) 534-8449 or email@example.com.
Adaptation to COVID-19 safety concerns is central to our planning for continuity of research and operations at Scripps. SIO is represented on various campus task forces developing plans for phased return to learn / research / work consistent with statewide directives and local public health conditions.
Please refer to the following pages for updated information and guidance:
Emergency, spill, or exposure?
- Immediately call 911 from either a campus telephone or mobile device, or dial (858) 534-HELP (4357)
- Notify your supervisor and Allyson Long, (858) 534-8449
- Get medical treatment at UCSD COEM or UCSD ERs if needed
- Report the incident by completing an Incident Report Form
- Safety Escorts (CSO Program)
- Police Department Call Boxes and Courtesy Phone Locations
- Report a Crime or Emergency
- Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.)
- Safety Tips