OPEN September 22, 2017
The Scripps Postdoctoral program is an annual competitive program that offers joint funding from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and extramural sources associated with specific projects that cover a broad range of research. One or more positions are given each year to new or recent doctorates in the general research areas of Oceans & Atmosphere, Marine Biology, or Earth Science.
Information about ongoing research projects at Scripps can be found on our Research Topics page and individual researchers, where candidates may identify potential postdoctoral mentors can be found on the Faculty Profiles page.
Previous awardees are listed here.
Further information can be obtained from Leslie Costi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity.
REFEREES - If you are providing a confidential reference letter, please give a careful and thorough analysis of the candidate's strengths and weaknesses and include the following information:
1) Under what circumstances you have known the applicant
2) The adequacy of the candidate's training, previous accomplishments and potential for conducting innovative research
3) An overall evaluation of performance relative to other students at a comparable stage in their careers.
MENTORS - Your letter should address your willingness to serve as a mentor and also provide an assessment of the candidate's training, former work, and suitability for the proposed postdoctoral project and include:
1) Access to appropriate facilities
2) Likely availability of matching second year funds.