Scripps Parking Permit Supplement
UC San Diego parking permits with the SIO Supplement are required in all parking lots at Scripps Oceanography
Only SIO employees, SIO graduate students or retired employees with 20+ years of SIO service are eligible for the SIO Supplement (formerly Scripps Sticker or Fish Stamp).
Physical parking permits and supplements are being phased out. Beginning July 2020, all new parking permits issued, as well as the SIO Supplement (formerly SIO Sticker or Fish Stamp), will be virtual. Note: Legacy physical permits with an expiration date June 30, 2021 are still valid and the SIO supplement has been virtually applied to your permit.
At the beginning of the fiscal year in July, the names of all active SIO employees, SIO graduate students and retirees with 20+ years of SIO service were submitted to Transportation Services as being eligible for the SIO Supplement. You are not required to take any further action to be included.
How to connect the SIO Supplement to your parking permit
- Log into your Transportation Services portal account with your Single Sign-On information.
- Keep license plate information up to date in your Transportation Services portal account. Your parking permit may be used for a loaner or otherwise temporary vehicle, but you must remember to update your account with that license plate number.
- When purchasing a parking permit, select the permit type with the “& SIO” option, e.g.,
- B & SIO & Monthly Payroll Start [Exp. 6/30/2022] - Select this option
- B Monthly Payroll Start [Exp. 6/30/2022] - Do not select this option
- If the “& SIO” option is not listed in your account, email Transportation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your eligibility to be activated.
New Employees or Students
If you become a Scripps employee or student after July 1 of the current academic year, please email Scripps Administration at email@example.com with the following information to request that SIO eligibility be added to your account.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Employee or Student ID #
- Email Address
- Phone #
Retirees and Emeriti must contact the Parking Office for parking permits and to update their vehicle information. Remember to mention you are SIO eligible.
Transportation services / parking permits / online account portal
Campus Parking Office Contact Information
virtual office Hours: Monday - Friday: 6:30am – 6:30pm (excluding university holidays)
Phone: (858) 534-4223
Questions / Issues
Please email Cindy McBurnett at firstname.lastname@example.org.