Pier Access Request Form
The purpose of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography Pier is to provide facilities and resources to support:
- Launch and recovery of small boats for research purposes
- Scientific diving and diver training
- Seawater intake for the Scripps seawater system
- Local atmospheric, biologic and oceanographic sampling
- Atmospheric and oceanographic instrument testing
Requests for access to the Scripps Pier are subject to approval by the Diving Officer and, if applicable, faculty/PIs.
- All users must comply with the Scripps Pier Usage Policy.
- Violators may have access privileges revoked at any time.
- Please click on link below to fill out the request form.
Pier Use Updates
There is also a Google Group mailing list for sharing updates about placing equipment on the pier and other factors that may affect pier use.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org request joining the list.
(Your email address goes to a moderator, but the process is automated so no subject lines or messages are included.)
For more information, please contact Christian McDonald at (858) 534-2002.