Pier Access Request Form
The purpose of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography Pier is to provide facilities and resources to support:
- Launch and recovery of small boats for research purposes
- Scientific diving and diver training
- Seawater intake for the Scripps seawater system
- Local atmospheric, biologic and oceanographic sampling
- Atmospheric and oceanographic instrument testing
Requests for access to the Scripps Pier are subject to approval by the Diving Officer and, if applicable, faculty/PIs. All users must comply with the Scripps Pier Usage Policy. Violators may have access privileges revoked at any time. Please click on link below to fill out the request form.
Scripps Pier – Request for Access
For more information, please contact Christian McDonald at (858) 534-2002.