Sustainability at Scripps
Scripps Institution of Oceanography is committed to UC San Diego's mandate to become a zero-waste campus by 2020. Staff, students, and faculty at Scripps formed the "SIO for Sustainability" group in order to translate Scripps's world-renowned research on climate change, ocean health, and global conservation into tangible daily sustainable practices on our campus. Simple changes to our daily routines can add up to a significant impact and make Scripps a leader in conservation as well as ocean, earth, and atmospheric research.
Join the SIO for Sustainability listserv ('sio-sustainability-g', https://groups.google.com/a/ucsd.edu/forum/#!forum/sio-sustainability-g) to stay up-to-date on sustainability activities and ways to help out.
Questions? Contact: Laura Lilly (email@example.com).
Other UCSD sustainability resources
- UC San Diego Campus Sustainability
- Staff Sustainability Network (SSN)
- Inter-Sustainability Council - monthly meetings on upper campus
Sustainability Media – UCSD and beyond
- "Walk the Talk" video about sustainability at Scripps - by Lori Mendez and Hillary Eggers, Scripps Institution of Oceanography MAS MBC Program 2018
- "Bending the Curve on Climate Change" - by UCSD Professor Veerabhadran Ramanathan
- "Sustainability and Science" - published by Scripps Institution of Oceanography