The main theme of Xuanting's research is to understand the small-scale physical processes at the atmosphere–ocean interface. With the help of modern high-performance computers, he develops physics-based and data-driven models to gain insights into the lively air–sea processes.
- Small-scale air-sea interaction
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Submesoscale physical oceanography
- Boundary layer meteorology
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- B.E., Automotive Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing