Graduate Application Assistance Programs
Mentee applications are currently closed, but applications will reopen in Summer 2022.
These programs are for students interested in applying to graduate school at Scripps Oceanography.
Chat with a Scripps Scientist
One-on-one, introductory meetings between interested graduate school applicants and Scripps professors and/or current graduate students.
CWSS will also offer a series of workshops crafted to help familiarize applicants with research and life at Scripps as well as the application process:
2021 Workshop dates
(All workshops are on Thursdays 12:30 PST)
- October 21 - Research at Scripps
- Learn about the variety of research being done at Scripps
- October 28 - Life at Scripps
- Hear what it is like to live in San Diego, and a day in the life of a graduate student
- November 4 - Applying to Scripps
- Learn tips and tricks to creating a strong application
- November 11 - Writing Workshop
- Learn how to craft a compelling Personal Statement and CV
Students who participate in all 4 workshops may be eligible for an application fee waiver.
For questions or comments on Chat with a Scripps Scientist, please contact email@example.com.
SIO-ASK (Applicant Support and Knowledgebase)
A mentorship program for prospective Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO) graduate students that matches applicants with current student mentors and provides personalized mentorship throughout the application process.
If you have any questions about SIO-ASK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bridge Program increases opportunities for students from historically marginalized populations to obtain graduate degrees and create a network of peers, mentors, and advisers to support and serve them before, during and after grad school. The program is open to those who have not applied to graduate school or those who applied and were not accepted.
- Read about our role in the program: Scripps Makes Strides to Increase Diversity, Awarded American Geophysical Union Bridge Program Status
General questions or comments can be sent to the Scripps Director of Diversity Initiatives, Keiara Auzenne, at email@example.com or at (858) 822-4962.