Find your MAC address
In order to connect to the wired Ethernet at Scripps, you must provide your computer's (or its adapter's) hardware address when filling out our form (https://scripps.ucsd.edu/form/network-registration-form). This document will help you find that information.
White spaces in images indicate where details have been redacted to ensure privacy and security.
1) Go to Apple > System Preferences
2) Click on the Network Panel
3) Select your wired Ethernet adapter (not the Wi-Fi!) and click the Advanced button
4) Click the Hardware tab to find the MAC address
Method 1: Command line
1) Click Start and open cmd.exe
2) Enter ipconfig/all at the prompt
3) Find the Ethernet adapter (not the Wireless!) and the line for "Physical Address"
1) Click Start > Settings
2a) Click Network & Internet
2b) If you do not have an active wired network connection, skip to step 3 below. If you do currently have an active wired network connection, click Ethernet, then click on the adapter (in the following image, it is listed as "Network 2")
2c) Scroll down to find the Physical Address. You are done!
3) Continue here if you do not have an active network connection.
Click on Ethernet, then click Network and Sharing Center
4) Click "Change adapter settings"
5) Double click the Ethernet adapter
6) Click Details...
7) Find the Physical Address. You are done!