UC San Diego Campus Resources

[back to top]

Graduate Fellowship Advisor

Graduate Division employs a dedicated fellowship advisor for all fellowship opportunities. Students can make individual appointments with the fellowship advisor. Whether you are just exploring fellowship opportunities or have questions about a specific fellowship application, the fellowship advisor can help.  The fellowship advisor also retains a collection of successful fellowship applications that can be shared with students. Upcoming fellowship opportunities and discussion panels and workshops can be found the fellowship advisor's blog.

[back to top]


Registrar’s Office

For class registration, transcripts orders and other academic needs, visit the Registrar’s Office.

[back to top]


Student Health

Students enrolled in UC SHIP can visit the UCSD Student Health Center located on Main Campus for free.

[back to top]



The Graduate & Professional Student Association (GSA) represents the interests and concerns of graduate and professional students on campus, system wide, locally, statewide, and on national levels. Its goals are:

  • To represent and promote the academic, social, and political aims of graduate and professional students
  • To establish effective communication channels among graduates and professional students, other student organizations, and with the academic and administrative units of the University
  • To represent the graduate and professional student community within the University community
  • To serve as an advocate of graduate and professional students needs ensuring that their concerns are heard and addressed
  • To provide services and funding to meet the special needs of the University's diverse graduate and professional student community
  • To advocate and lobby on political and social issues on behalf of graduate and professional students

GSA also offers a variety of grants, including travel grants.

[back to top]


UCSD Housing

UC San Diego Associated Residential Community Housing (ARCH) offers housing to eligible graduate and professional students in five residential communities that house single graduate and professional students as well as students residing with a partner or spouse.

Students are eligible if they are currently enrolled or have submitted their intent to matriculate. New incoming single students and couples are offered housing for a two year term. Students with child/children and students who are pregnant or whose partner/spouse is pregnant are offered housing at the Mesa Residential Apartments before single students and student couples.


[back to top]



Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) are accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS) and are designed to support students towards their academic success, personal development, and well-being while at UC San Diego.

CAPS services are provided to all students enrolled in the university's UC SHIP health insurance plan. To schedule a counseling appointment, please call (858) 534-3755.

CAPS Central Office & Urgent Care: Galbraith Hall 190. Galbraith Hall is located next Revelle Plaza (just south of Urey and York Halls, #141 on map).

If a student in crisis needs help contacting CAPS or would like to be escorted to CAPS, please come to the Department Office, Second Floor of the Old Scripps Building, or contact the Graduate Coordinator, Gilbert Bretado, 858-534-1694.

[back to top]


Support for Student Parents

At SIO, we have a department-specific Student Parent Group that you can join.

The UCSD Student Parent Resources website lists a variety of resources you have access to as a student. Some essential ones include:

  • Childbirth Accommodation for Doctoral Students
  • Health Insurance for Student Families
  • UCSD Childcare Resources
  • Childcare Reimbursement for ASE, GSR, and Fellow/Trainee Appointments
  • Lactation Resources

For eligibility questions or to submit child care reimbursement forms, please contact Gilbert Bretado.

[back to top]


Office for Students with Disabilities

The Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD,  #985 on map) works with all students with documented disabilities to provide reasonable accommodations.

Disabilities can occur in the following areas: psychological, psychiatric, learning, attention, chronic health, physical, vision, hearing, and acquired brain injuries. We encourage you to contact the OSD as soon as you become of aware of a condition that is disabling so that they can work with you.

Students are responsible for meeting with faculty as soon as they obtain their Authorization for Accommodation (AFA) letters and submitting copies of their AFA letters for each course to the department OSD Liason Gilbert Bretado. Instructors and students are encouraged to notify the department, as early as possible, so that appropriate room reservations or other resources can be secured in order to provide the accommodation.

[back to top]