ESYS Jobs & Internships
ESYS Senior Project Opportunities
- Corona Enterprises
- Corona Enterprises is a Southern California based environmental organization, with projects that involve working to develop a community-owned utility-scale solar+energy storage system in NE San Diego County, green building development, writing environmental legislation, and other opportunities.
ESYS students interested in any of the projects listed should contact Cody Harrison, email@example.com
- Summer Internships & Graduate School Opportunities- PathwaysToScience.org
- Searchable database of 650+ summer research programs in all STEM disciplines: pathwaystoscience.org/Undergrads
- Fully-funded internship opportunities including programs sponsored by NSF, NASA, NIH, etc.
- Graduate school searchable database of 250+ fully-funded graduate programs: pathwaystoscience.org/Grad
- For questions or assistance finding the right program for you, contact:
- Liv Detrick- Sr. Advisor at The Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CALPIRG Campus Organizer Job
- Campus organizer position works with students to decide the strategies and tactics they’ll use to run campaigns that promote clean energy, public health, a stronger democracy and more
- Apply at jobs.studentpirgs.org
- Hispanic Access Foundation MANO Project Internships
- Offers enriching internship experiences nationwide for Latinx college students and upcoming professionals who are passionate about public land conservation and natural resources.
- Currently accepting applications for various federal agencies, deadlines continue throughout February 2021, check website for all applications and deadlines.
- Roger Arliner Young (RAY) Diversity Fellowship
- Inspired by efforts to increase racial diversity in conservation and clean energy, the Environmental Leadership Program coordinates Roger Arliner Young (RAY) Diversity Fellowship provides first-time career access opportunities for recent college graduates of color who do not have previous professional experience or a graduate degree
- Fellowship Positions offered for the 2021-2023 Fellowship cycle are being shared below updated on a rolling basis between February through the end of March, 2021 at rayfellowship.org
- Association of Environmental Professionals (AEP) - San Diego Chapter -- The Association of Environmental Professionals (AEP) is a non-profit organization established to facilitate greater relationships between professionals and foster mutual professional growth of our members through those relationships. Discussion forums, monthly luncheons and twice annual CEQA workshops are some of the professional support services that AEP provides. The annual Awards and Scholarship Event, holiday party and occasional evening socials are some of the personal and professional rewards that AEP members enjoy.
- So You Think You Want to go to Graduate School? Check out the graduate school presentation hosted by Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
Check out the ACADEMIC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM for more information on internship opportunities related to your academic and career goals!
- The Teaching + Learning Commons @ Geisel (Lower level, west wing)
- AIP Contact Information: https://aip.ucsd.edu/about/contact/index.html
- Current Students can also contact AIP through the VAC.
ESYS AIP Advisor:
Daniel Carrillo, Senior Internship Counselor
Daniel has over 10 years of experience in higher education and joined AIP in 2015. Previously, Daniel worked with Jumpstart at the University of Washington, and with the Education Studies department at UC San Diego. Daniel is an advocate of experiential learning opportunities and is passionate about working with underrepresented communities.
Contact Daniel at (858) 534-4366 or email@example.com
Visit UC San Diego's Career Center for guidance in determining and fulfilling your career goals.
Undergraduate Students- START HERE
Meet with a Career Peer Educator for advising related to:
- Your Triton Career Action Plan
- Interview preparation
- Job & internship search
- Resume & cover letter evaluation
Career Center Appointments
30-minute advising appointments can be scheduled online through Handshake. If you have difficulty finding an appointment time, email the advisor you would like to meet with. For a list of advisors and their specialties, see the staff directory page.
Fall Quarter Hours
Monday- Friday 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Additional Career Resources
Handshake - The Career Services management tool for UC San Diego students.
- Login via student single sign on
- Schedule appointments with career advisors
- Explore and apply to internships
- Sign-up for various career planning & development workshops
- Access online resources
Looking for industry advice from a UC San Diego graduate currently employed in your field? As a student, you can join the UC San Diego Alumni Advisor Network to have conversations about potential career paths, resume critiques, or mock interviews.